cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Argyn Kuketayev <Argyn.Kuketa...@plateau.com>
Subject RE: Giving up! Cocoon too big, slow and confusing
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2002 16:06:14 GMT

that's what I meant. It's easy to code, it doesn't take too much time. To
document is much harder, it consumes a lot of time. That's why you don't
want to write free PDF book. You write it for a publisher who pays for 7
months of work. The publisher owns rights, and obviously reluctant to "open
sources", i.e. post electronic version of it.

So, I thought what if Apache.org pays for dosumenting? MAybe people will
spend more time on docs.

Look at IBM's residencies.
http://publib-b.boulder.ibm.com/Redbooks.nsf/pages/how?Open

If someone buys me a hotel room for two weeks with a couple of servers and a
laptop in La Jolla, CA or Cancun, Mexico, I swear that 'll take a vacation
and write some nice samples and iPlanet installation docs :)