cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Argyn Kuketayev <Argyn.Kuketa...@plateau.com>
Subject RE: Giving up! Cocoon too big, slow and confusing
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2002 15:29:41 GMT

I'm using several open-source projects. Does it mean that I'm supposed to
contribute to all of them? May be I'm the one of a kind, but I don't want to
contribute. I just want to use it. Open source codes should be an advantage,
not an obligation.

Sure, I can write those stylesheets to make PDF, but it will take time,
which I don't have. Here comes another idea: Apache.org has sponsors, can
they fund documenting efforts?

You all are programmers, me too. It's fun to code, we can do it even without
being paid for. But writing docs is very different. Look at those guys who
are writing Cocoon books. They didn't post PDF version of their books
anywhere. They will not do it. But, if Apache.org's sponsors pay them, maybe
they'd post their books on the Web?