cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Vadim Gritsenko" <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject RE: [doc] DRAFT FAQ (was: Re: XSLT processor with different options)
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2002 12:39:35 GMT
> From: Diana Shannon [mailto:shannon@apache.org]
>
> Please check this draft FAQ based on Vadim's emails. I'll update the
> FAQs based on your feedback.

Diana,

This FAQ also should help to those willing to use Xalan and SAXON
simultaneously (this was asked several says ago on the list).

This FAQ should work for Cocoon 2.0.1 up to 2.0.3. Answer for 2.1 will
be different.

Thanks for draft,

Vadim

> -- Diana
>
> QUESTION
> Can I use the same XSLT processor and still specify different options
> for different pipelines?
> For example, I found that PDF is faster with XSLT Xalan processor when
> specify the following:
>   <parameter name="incremental-processing" value="false"/>
>
> ANSWER
> 1. For version of Cocoon 2.0.3 and above, add one more xslt processor
> cocoon.xconf, but give it another role. In the snippet below, the new
> role is
> "org.apache.cocoon.components.xslt.XSLTProcessor/NotIncremental". Note
> that the value "false" for incremental-processing parameter is also
> specified in this snippet.
>
> <component

role="org.apache.cocoon.components.xslt.XSLTProcessor/NotIncremental"
>      class="org.apache.cocoon.components.xslt.XSLTProcessorImpl">
>    <parameter name="use-store" value="true"/>
>    <parameter name="incremental-processing" value="false"/>
> </component>
>

> 2. Next, add one more xslt transformer component to the components
> declaration section of your sitemap.xmap file.
>
> <map:components>
> <map:transformers>
>
>    <map:transformer
>      name="xslt-notinc"
>      src="org.apache.cocoon.transformation.TraxTransformer"
>      logger="sitemap.transformer.xslt"
>      pool-max="32" pool-min="8" pool-grow="2">
>      <use-request-parameters>false</use-request-parameters>
>      <use-browser-capabilities-db>false</use-browser-capabilities-db>
>      <use-deli>false</use-deli>
>      <xslt-processor-

role>org.apache.cocoon.components.xslt.XSLTProcessor/NotIncremental</xsl
t-