cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Vadim Gritsenko" <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject RE: [HELP]
Date Sun, 30 Jun 2002 03:48:31 GMT
> From: Mellado, Rafael [mailto:rmellad@iastate.edu]
>
> I got the following exception in my sitemap I have the following:
> <map:generator name="xsp"
> src="org.apache.cocoon.generation.ServerPagesGenerator"/>
> and
> <map:match pattern="tutorial/*.xml">
> 		<map:generate type="xsp" src="tutorial/{1}.xsp"/>
> 		<map:serialize type="xml"/>
>

> 	</map:match>
> I am using version 2.1-dev
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>
> full exception chain stacktrace
>
> Original exception : java.lang.NullPointerException
> at

net.sf.pizzacompiler.compiler.Namer.findMethod(C:\pizza\main\src\net\sf\
pizz
> acompiler\compiler\Namer.pizza:306)

Seems that pizza compiler really does not like your XSP. You could try
javac instead of pizza.

Easiest way to do this is get Cocoon source distribution, remove file
lib/optional/pizza-1.1.jar, remove everything in build directory, and
rebuild Cocoon.

Also, you could try to compile Java file generated from the XSP to
compile from the command line using pizza and if it fails in similar
way, contact pizza developers (project hosted at sourceforge).

Vadim

> at

net.sf.pizzacompiler.compiler.Namer.resolveSelectFromType(C:\pizza\main\
src\
> net\sf\pizzacompiler\compiler\Namer.pizza:648)
> at

net.sf.pizzacompiler.compiler.Attr.attribSelect(C:\pizza\main\src\net\sf
\piz
> zacompiler\compiler\Attr.pizza:1572)
> at

net.sf.pizzacompiler.compiler.Attr.attribExpr(C:\pizza\main\src\net\sf\p
izza
> compiler\compiler\Attr.pizza:1359)
> at

net.sf.pizzacompiler.compiler.Attr.attribExpr(C:\pizza\main\src\net\sf\p
izza
> compiler\compiler\Attr.pizza:1113)
> at

net.sf.pizzacompiler.compiler.Attr.attribStat(C:\pizza\main\src\net\sf\p
izza
> compiler\compiler\Attr.pizza:692)
> at

net.sf.pizzacompiler.compiler.Attr.attribStats(C:\pizza\main\src\net\sf\
pizz
> acompiler\compiler\Attr.pizza:750)
> at

net.sf.pizzacompiler.compiler.Attr.attribDef(C:\pizza\main\src\net\sf\pi
zzac
> ompiler\compiler\Attr.pizza:472)
> at

net.sf.pizzacompiler.compiler.Attr.attribDef(C:\pizza\main\src\net\sf\pi
zzac
> ompiler\compiler\Attr.pizza:424)
> at

net.sf.pizzacompiler.compiler.Attr.attribute(C:\pizza\main\src\net\sf\pi
zzac
> ompiler\compiler\Attr.pizza:355)
> at

net.sf.pizzacompiler.compiler.Main.process(C:\pizza\main\src\net\sf\pizz
acom
> piler\compiler\Main.pizza:228)
> at

net.sf.pizzacompiler.compiler.Main.compile(C:\pizza\main\src\net\sf\pizz
acom
> piler\compiler\Main.pizza:309)
> at

org.apache.cocoon.components.language.programming.java.Pizza.compile(Piz
za.j
> ava:114)
> at

org.apache.cocoon.components.language.programming.java.JavaLanguage.comp
ile(
> JavaLanguage.java:225)
> at

org.apache.cocoon.components.language.programming.CompiledProgrammingLan
guag
> e.load(CompiledProgrammingLanguage.java:207)
> at

org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.loa
dPro
> gram(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:398)
> at

org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.loa
d(Pr
> ogramGeneratorImpl.java:287)
> at

org.apache.cocoon.generation.ServerPagesGenerator.setup(ServerPagesGener
ator
> .java:203)
> at

org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.setupPi
peli
> ne(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:370)
> at

org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.CachingProcessingPipeline.set
upPi
> peline(CachingProcessingPipeline.java:287)
> at

org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.process
(Abs
> tractProcessingPipeline.java:493)
> at

org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.SerializeNode.invoke(
Seri
> alizeNode.java:142)
> at

org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.
invo
> keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:83)
> at

org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PreparableMatchNode.i
nvok
> e(PreparableMatchNode.java:157)
> at

org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.
invo
> keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:107)
> at

org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode.invoke(P
ipel
> ineNode.java:158)
> at

org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.
invo
> keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:107)
> at

org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode.invoke(P
ipel
> ineNode.java:158)
> at

org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.
invo
> keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:107)
> at

org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelinesNode.invoke(
Pipe
> linesNode.java:152)
> at

org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreePro
cess
> or.java:327)
> at

org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreePro
cess
> or.java:309)
> at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.process(Cocoon.java:587)
> at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:999)
> at

tion
> FilterChain.java:247)
> at

erCh
> ain.java:193)
> at

e.ja
> va:243)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:5
> 66)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
72)
> at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
> at

e.ja
> va:190)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:5
> 66)
> at

org.apache.catalina.valves.CertificatesValve.invoke(CertificatesValve.ja
va:2
> 46)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:5
> 64)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
72)
> at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:234
3)
> at

:180
> )
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:5
> 66)
> at

org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherVa
lve.
> java:170)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:5
> 64)
> at

:170
> )
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:5
> 64)
> at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:468
)

> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:5
> 64)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
72)
> at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
> at

java
> :174)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:5
> 66)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
72)
> at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
> at

org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.process(HttpProcessor.j
ava:
> 1012)
> at

org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:
1107
> [...]
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.
invo
> keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:107)
> at

org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelinesNode.invoke(
Pipe
> linesNode.java:152)
> at

org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreePro
cess
> or.java:327)
> at

org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreePro
cess
> or.java:309)
> at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.process(Cocoon.java:587)
> at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:999)

tion
> FilterChain.java:247)
> at

erCh
> ain.java:193)
> at

e.ja
> va:243)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:5
> 66)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
72)
> at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
> at

e.ja
> va:190)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:5
> 66)
> at

org.apache.catalina.valves.CertificatesValve.invoke(CertificatesValve.ja
va:2
> 46)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:5
> 64)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
72)
> at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:234
3)
> at

:180
> )
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:5
> 66)
> at

org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherVa
lve.
> java:170)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:5
> 64)
> at

:170
> )
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:5
> 64)
> at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:468
)

> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:5
> 64)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
72)
> at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
> at

java
> [...]
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.
invo
> keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:107)
> at

org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelinesNode.invoke(
Pipe
> linesNode.java:152)
> at

org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreePro
cess
> or.java:327)
> at

org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreePro
cess
> or.java:309)
> at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.process(Cocoon.java:587)
> at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:999)

tion
> FilterChain.java:247)
> at

erCh
> ain.java:193)
> at

e.ja
> va:243)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:5
> 66)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
72)
> at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
> at

e.ja
> va:190)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:5
> 66)
> at

org.apache.catalina.valves.CertificatesValve.invoke(CertificatesValve.ja
va:2
> 46)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:5
> 64)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
72)
> at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:234
3)
> at

:180
> )
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:5
> 66)
> at

org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherVa
lve.
> java:170)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:5
> 64)
> at

:170
> )
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:5
> 64)
> at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:468
)

> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:5
> 64)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
72)
> at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
> at

java
> [...]
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.
invo
> keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:107)
> at

org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelinesNode.invoke(
Pipe
> linesNode.java:152)
> at

org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreePro
cess
> or.java:327)
> at

org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreePro
cess
> or.java:309)
> at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.process(Cocoon.java:587)
> at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:999)

tion
> FilterChain.java:247)
> at

erCh
> ain.java:193)
> at

e.ja
> va:243)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:5
> 66)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
72)
> at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
> at

e.ja
> va:190)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:5
> 66)
> at

org.apache.catalina.valves.CertificatesValve.invoke(CertificatesValve.ja
va:2
> 46)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:5
> 64)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
72)
> at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:234
3)
> at

:180
> )
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:5
> 66)
> at

org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherVa
lve.
> java:170)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:5
> 64)
> at

:170
> )
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:5
> 64)
> at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:468
)

> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:5
> 64)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
72)
> at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
> at

java
> [...]
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.
invo
> keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:107)
> at

org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelinesNode.invoke(
Pipe
> linesNode.java:152)
> at

org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreePro
cess
> or.java:327)
> at

org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreePro
cess
> or.java:309)
> at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.process(Cocoon.java:587)
> at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:999)

tion
> FilterChain.java:247)
> at

erCh
> ain.java:193)
> at

e.ja
> va:243)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:5
> 66)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
72)
> at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
> at

e.ja
> va:190)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:5
> 66)
> at

org.apache.catalina.valves.CertificatesValve.invoke(CertificatesValve.ja
va:2
> 46)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:5
> 64)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
72)
> at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:234
3)
> at

:180
> )
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:5
> 66)
> at

org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherVa
lve.
> java:170)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:5
> 64)
> at

:170
> )
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:5
> 64)
> at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:468
)

> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:5
> 64)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
72)
> at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
> at

java