cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Vadim Gritsenko" <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject RE: XML generation
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2002 12:56:57 GMT
> From: Deepak Mehta [mailto:deep@deeeep.com]
>
> Hi All,
>
> Here is some info on the specs of my setup before I explain the
problem:

> -CPU: MacOSX 10.1.4 running JDK 1.3.1
> -EJB: Jonas 2.4.4 with embedded tomcat 3.3.1 and cocoon 2.0.2
> -DB: PostgreSQL 7.1.2 with standard JDBC drivers
>
> Setup: Jonas runs EJBs and Tomcat has a singleton servlet that
connects to
> the EJB and has methods for the XSP pages to generate dynamic XML.
>
> Problem: if I let the singleton generate a String containing the final
XML,
> which is easy, since I do not need to throw a lot of things Cocoon's
way,
> then the problem is that Cocoon converts the '<' and '>' to &gt; and
&lt;...

If you have '<', '>', and '&' characters in character nodes of the XML
they are escaped according to the XML standard using mentioned
sequences.

If you want to generate XML but not a text node in the XML generated by
your XSP (that's inside XSP, right?) you have to convert your String
into XML - i.e., parse this string using XML parser.

This is automated by util logicsheet. See archives/docs/util logicsheet
source.

Vadim

> Is there a way to stop Cocoon from messing with the String data in an
xsp
> page?
>
> Thanks
> Deeeep