cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Denis Thierry" <denis.thie...@aic-info.com>
Subject Re: Giving up! Cocoon too big, slow and confusing
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2002 13:32:21 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: Argyn Kuketayev
To: 'cocoon-users@xml.apache.org'
Sent: Friday, June 28, 2002 3:13 PM
Subject: RE: Giving up! Cocoon too big, slow and confusing

<snip/>
>Well, if there are no "they", then I'll be "one of them". I'm your
customer.
>Whether you want it or not, I'm your customer. I'm here to consume, and
>complain. So, now there are "them", and you have to deal with "them",
>customers.

That is exactly where you are wrong, there is no customer. There are only
developpers and users. Developpers are giving their time to provide to the
community the best they can and _YOU_ as a user you should be thankfull
to not have to pay for it and hence need to adapt yourself to this
situation.
That mean that if you think there are holes in the docs you are welcome
state it and even more welcomed to help comitters to fill it up!

To summurize my feeling on that:
You have 2 worlds: business world and open-source world. If you cannot
deal with that stay sticked to the first!

Regards

Denis