cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Vadim Gritsenko" <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject RE: Sitemap: 'cocoon:' protocol
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2002 13:40:29 GMT
> From: Brian Topping [mailto:topping@digidemic.com]
>
> Hi all,
>
> I read in the release notes about the inclusion of the 'cocoon:'
protocol and
> the nifty hack to make 'cocoon://' reference from the base of the main
sitemap
> and 'cocoon:/' reference from the current sitemap.  Is that documented
> anywhere else but the release notes?

1) http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/userdocs/concepts/sitemap.html:
"The following list of examples summarizes some useful part sources:"
and below.

2)
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-cocoon2/src/webapp/sub/sitemap.xma
p?rev=1.3&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

and

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-cocoon2/src/webapp/sub/docs/sample
s.xml?rev=1.5&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

> Also, what is the function of 'cocoon:raw:'?  Does the same main
> sitemap/subsitemap distinction hold true with the trailing slashes
here as
> well?

In "raw:" mode request parameters of the original request are ignored.

I.e., suppose you requested URL:

   http://my/cocoon/page?x=y

And, during processing of this page, you access:

   cocoon://internal?a=b

In "internal" page, you will have access to parameter 'a' and 'x'.

If you have URL like:

   cocoon:raw://internal?a=b

The only parameter will be 'a', 'x' won't be available.

(See RequestWrapper.java)

Vadim