cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Mangeng" <michael.mang...@ideefix.net>
Subject Tomcat/cocoon encoding problem
Date Fri, 07 Jun 2002 14:46:39 GMT
Hi

I´ve set the encoding of both the xsp and the xml serializer correctly. After i request the
xml i get the right encoding - ISO-8859-1 in the <?xml ... ?> tag but german umlaut´s
like äöü are replaced by '?'.

I´ve noticed the same problem when i use beans on my JSP Pages (without cocoon; only tomcat)
(Using äöü on a jsp works - but as soon as i set the data in a bean and then request it
back - i have äöü instead of the umlauts in my string).

I´m using linux 2.4.17, jdk1.3.1, tomcat 4.1.2alpha and cocoon2.0.2.

So... Is there a anywhere a setting for the jvm, tomcat or cocoon that the umlauts are correctly
displayed ?

greetings
mike