cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Bruce Krautbauer" <bruce.krautba...@medtronic.com>
Subject Re: Another session transformer question
Date Thu, 30 May 2002 21:08:27 GMT
I just took a quick look at the code and it seems like this should work the way I thought it
would.  I've been working with the CVS HEAD (which today is having some problems with the
sitemap), JDK 1.3.1_02 and Win2K.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

>>> bruce.krautbauer@medtronic.com 05/23/02 03:44PM >>>
I've found something else that doesn't work the way I think it should... ;)

I thought this XML:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<test xmlns:session="http://cocoon.apache.org/session/1.0">
	<session:createcontext name="sessionTest" />
	<session:setxml context="sessionTest" path="/">
		<root>
			<stem id="1">foo</stem>
			<stem id="2">bar</stem>
		</root>
	</session:setxml>
	<session:mergexml context="sessionTest" path="/root/stem[id='1']">fred</session:mergexml>
	<session:getxml context="sessionTest" path="/" />
</test>

would create this output:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<test xmlns:session="http://cocoon.apache.org/session/1.0">
	<root>
		<stem id="1">fred</stem>
		<stem id="2">bar</stem>
	</root>
</test>

but instead it creates:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<test xmlns:session="http://cocoon.apache.org/session/1.0">
	<root>
		<stem id="1">foo</stem>
		<stem id="2">bar</stem>
		<stem>fred</stem>
	</root>
</test>

The same happens if I use setxml in place of mergexml.

I really like the idea of the session transformer and I am probably expecting too much.  What
are the current thoughts for the most Cocoon-ish way to handle the session problem?

Kindest regards,
Bruce