cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Liam Morley <lmor...@lovecraft.gdc.wpi.edu>
Subject Re: how do I redirect in an Action?
Date Thu, 23 May 2002 04:52:01 GMT
I've always used the "redirect" method of the Redirector class. I'm
assuming that redirect uses a local, relative path (for internal links)
and globalRedirect uses a global path (for external links), but I haven't
tested this and can't be sure. I also assume that sessionmode dictates
whether or not to pass the session cookie on (there is a similar attribute
in the sitemap redirect-to), but again I'm not sure and haven't tested.

there have been times where I have wanted to redirect to the referer from
an action, so that the action simply changes the state of something on the
website (for instance, a log-in). I suppose I could pass the referer's
address to the sitemap.. I'd be interested in hearing reasons of keeping
the redirect in the sitemap, other than the fact that any changes to java
code mean recompiling/restarting.. but changes to the sitemap also require
recompiling and restarting tomcat, which seem to take longer for me (as
the sitemap can no longer be loaded from cache).

Liam Morley