cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Stephan Michels <step...@vern.chem.tu-berlin.de>
Subject Re: Fwd: SourceWriterTransformer problems
Date Mon, 20 May 2002 18:47:02 GMT

On Mon, 20 May 2002, [iso-8859-1] Jeremy Aston wrote:
> I've been racking my brain all weekend over a problem with SourceWriterTransformer (more
likely my use of it actually).  On C2.0.2, JDK1.3 everything works fine.  I have now moved
to 2.1-dev, JDK1.4 and my JDK1.4 compiled excalibur.  SourceWriterTransformer now no longer
works.  It does do the source:insert stuff as per the Sunspot stuff but not source:write.
 It now throws various exceptions on the name of the file that it should write to as specified
in the src attribute of the source:write element.

> I have tried different combinations in the sitemap including a generator and a serializer
around the transformer but it makes no difference

> My source XML file is:
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <page xmlns:source="http://apache.org/cocoon/source/1.0">
>  <source:write src="context://jez/jez.xml">
>
> I've tried it with the jez/jez.xml file created and not created but to no avail.  This
is strange because everything was working, creating files if they did not exist  etc so I
am getting just a little stumped.  I have also tried different protocols (file://, context://)
etc but they all just vary the exception thrown with the same basic message that the file
cannot be found.

> If the file already exists (as zero length) then the error is:
>
> WARN    (2002-05-20) 11:10.56:416   [sitemap.transformer.tofile](/xcpt/testwrite) HttpProcessor[8080][0]/SourceWritingTransformer:
failed, The src attribute doesn't resolve to a writeable source
> java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.URLSource

I think only org.apache.cocoon.components.source.impl.FileSource
implements WriteableSource. So only file:// should work. If not perhaps,
you use the false SourceFactory.

You should have following entries in your xconf
<source-factories>
  <!-- file protocol : this is a WriteableSource -->
  <component-instance
	class="org.apache.cocoon.components.source.impl.FileSourceFactory"
	name="file"/>
</source-factories>