cocoon-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Artur Bialecki" <ar...@digitalfairway.com>
Subject RE: Problems with Saxon (6.5.2) and resolver (Cocoon 2.0.2)
Date Tue, 21 May 2002 15:13:27 GMT
Also, saxon 6.5.2 and 7 has a bug with identity transform
because of bug in DOMDriver.
So, if you're using XPath (eg, xinclude transformer) things
might not look the way you expect them to.

I told the author of Saxon how to fix this bug, but haven't
heard anything back.

Artur...

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Frank Ridderbusch [mailto:frank.ridderbusch@fujitsu-siemens.com]
> Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2002 10:58 AM
> To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Problems with Saxon (6.5.2) and resolver (Cocoon 2.0.2)
> 
> 
> Well, here is what I've done. However I've found, that no all samples work
> any more with Saxon, in particular SQL transformer and XMLforms. 
> 
> - Also replaced xalan.jar with saxon.jar
> 
> - Starting the servlet-engine with the additional switch 
> 
>   -Djavax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory=org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl
> 
>   in TOMCAT_OPTS/CATALINA_OPTS.
> 
>   According to the saxon documentation, saxon uses/can use two XML parsers,
>   one for the input and the other for the XSL stylesheet, so that the input
>   can be validated and the XSL stylesheet not.
> 
>   In my setup, before setting the above option, I alway received exceptions
>   coming from the in saxon included parser Alfred (something in the realm
>   of resolving). Now, Xerces is used for both input and stylesheet.
> 
> - in cocoon/WEB-INF/classes/CatalogManager.properties I've set
> 
>   catalogs=/usr/lib/xemacs/packages/etc/psgml/CATALOG
> 
>   This is a catalog file, which is included with the PSGML (a XEmacs SGML/HTML
>   editing package) and the PSGML packages also contains a bunch of DTDs and
>   entity files, which saves you collecting them from the Net.
> 
> This setup works for me, even for my own custom DTDs. Although I'm using 2.1-dev
> this should also work for 2.0.2. At least it works with 2.0.3-dev for me.
> 
> Perhaps, this helps.
> 
> On Tue, 21 May 2002 10:32:04 -0400
> "Stephen Ng" <stephen.ng@verizon.net> wrote:
> 
> > I've been struggling with getting Saxon 6.5.2 and Cocoon 2.0.2 working
> > together for a couple of days now....
> > 
> > Here's what I did and what I found:
> > 
> > 1. I replaced xalan-2.3.1 with saxon.jar.
> > 2. I grabbed v1.9 of xsp.xsl
> > (http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-cocoon2/src/java/org/apache/cocoo
> > n/components/language/markup/xsp/java/xsp.xsl)
> > 
> > I started getting (intermittent) null pointer errors trying to resolve
> > static files.  I had a sub-sitemap with:
> > 
> > "context://dir/data.xml"
> > 
> > Changing these to just
> > 
> > "dir/data.xml"
> > 
> > made a set of them go away.  (Does this make any sense?)
> > 
> > But I continue to get NPE's in the resolver code.  They came from
> > 
> > XSLTProcessorImpl::resolve() {
> > //...
> > 
> >   File parent = new File(base.substring(5));
> >   File parent2 = new File(parent.getParentFile(), href);
> >   xslSource = resolver.resolve(parent2.toURL().toExternalForm());
> > 
> > }
> > 
> > Turns out "resolver" was null.
> > 
> > I looked in CVS, and the whole mechanism for getting a resolver appears
> > to have been rewritten.  So, as a hack, I just check for null in
> > setSourceResolver.  (I have *no idea* what I'm doing here, folks).
> > 
> > public void setSourceResolver(SourceResolver resolver) {
> >   if (resolver!=null)
> >          this.resolver = resolver;
> > }
> > 
> > Now I have no more NPE's, but I still have a resolver problem
> > somewhere--one of my pipelines is failing because it can't locate a
> > stylesheet.  Still have to figure that one out.
> > 
> > But, now my app is running enough that I can time it.  Well,  I'm
> > getting it's between 10% to 25% faster, which is not nearly as much as
> > I'd hoped.  (A quick test showed Saxon 7 to be a tad slower, but it
> > might just be noise.)  (My app is currently taking about 2.2 seconds to
> > serve a page (1.7 Ghz P4, 512MB Ram, WinXP), of which I figure no more
> > than .5 sec is due to database access, and the rest I think is Cocoon
> > time.  I'm really gunning for sub-second response for a demo next week.)
> > 
> > Should I upgrade to CVS 2.0.3 and try again?  (I know this is a stupid
> > question, but how close is it to being soup?)  Or keep plugging at
> > 2.0.2?  Or wait for 2.0.3 to ship?  Best thing would be XSLTC!  
> > 
> > Steve
> > 
> -- 
> Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Regards
> 
> Frank Ridderbusch
> 
> Fujitsu Siemens Computers, EP SQ XS1
> Heinz Nixdorf Ring, 33106 Paderborn, Germany
> Email: frank.ridderbusch(at)fujitsu-siemens.com
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> Please check that your question has not already been answered in the
> FAQ before posting. <http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faqs.html>
> 
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: <cocoon-users-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org>
> For additional commands, e-mail: <cocoon-users-help@xml.apache.org>
> 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Please check that your question has not already been answered in the
FAQ before posting. <http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faqs.html>

To unsubscribe, e-mail: <cocoon-users-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org>
For additional commands, e-mail: <cocoon-users-help@xml.apache.org>


Mime
View raw message