cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Kelly Cole" <KellyC...@Freightliner.com>
Subject RE: Connection problem to DB2
Date Fri, 17 May 2002 15:05:59 GMT
Christian,

Thanks again... No, I haven't compiled anything myself. Also, I forgot to
mention I was on Win2k...

I tried the xsp, but I only got the page header ("A Database Driven XSP
Page").

Here's the xsp page I tried:
<xsp:page language="java" xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp"
xmlns:esql="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/v2">
	<page>
		<title>A Database Driven XSP Page</title>
		<content>
			<esql:connection>
				<esql:pool>TDB2</esql:pool>
				<esql:execute-query>
					<esql:query>select * from
testdb2.sysgrps</esql:query>
					<esql:results>
						<esql:row-results>
							<para>

<esql:get-string column="name"/>
							</para>
							<esql:get-columns/>
						</esql:row-results>
					</esql:results>
				</esql:execute-query>
			</esql:connection>
		</content>
	</page>
</xsp:page>

Here's some of the core.log (the "pinging" stuff looks new...:
LogKitLogger: Marking 1 objects as old in pool.
LogKitLogger: Got a org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.JdbcConnection
from the pool.
LogKitLogger: Pinging database after 690593ms of inactivity.
LogKitLogger: JdbcConnection was closed.
LogKitLogger: Removing a
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.JdbcConnection from the pool because
it failed validation.
LogKitLogger: JdbcConnection object created
LogKitLogger: Created a new
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.JdbcConnection from the object
factory.
LogKitLogger: Got a org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.JdbcConnection
from the pool.
LogKitLogger: Put a org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.JdbcConnection
back into the pool.
/CachingEventPipeline: Recycling of CachingEventPipeline
/CachingStreamPipeline: Recycling of CachingStreamPipeline

The last line of the sitemap.log:
/esql_xsp: esql query: select * from testdb2.sysgrps

Thanks again for your help.
Kelly