cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Charles Wishpot" <wish...@hotmail.com>
Subject cannot deploy on JBoss 3
Date Mon, 27 May 2002 10:14:54 GMT
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I'm trying to drop the cocoon.war file into the deploy directory of JBoss3 RC1,
which uses Catalina (TomCat 4.0.3).</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>But I get the following error (see below) - NullPointerException trying to put
the default context.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I've tried just deploying the .war file which fails. </DIV>
<DIV>So I've tried the install instructions (<A href="http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/installing/index.html">http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/installing/index.html</A>)
even though JBoss 3 isn't mentioned, for TomCat 4.0.3 reference but I still get the same problem.</DIV>
<DIV>Basically, I tried adding xerces, xalan, xml-apis, batik-libs to the catalina/common/lib/
directory&nbsp;- but no joy here, so I also unjarred cocoon, edited WEB-INF/web.xml and
added the extra-classpath param, re-jarred it but this made no difference.</DIV>
<DIV>I also tried the Catalina reference, removing crimson &amp; jaxp, adding xml-apis
to jboss/lib and adding it to the classpath when starting JBoss.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I also tried adding the following to cocoon.xconf, again with no difference:</DIV>
<DIV>&lt;parameter name="transformer-factory" value="org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl"/&gt;<BR></DIV>
<DIV>I also trawled through the mailing list archives but found nothing that worked.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Does someone have it working and can point me in the right direction? What step
have I missed?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Many TIA...I have battled for a couple of days with this, but I am running out
of things to try.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Charles</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>11:40:25,880 ERROR [Engine] StandardContext[/cocoon]: Servlet /cocoon threw load()
exception<BR>javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet.init() for servlet Cocoon2 threw
exception</DIV>
<DIV>&lt;snip, snip&gt;</DIV>
<DIV>11:40:25,885 ERROR [Engine] ----- Root Cause -----<BR>java.lang.NullPointerException<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
at java.util.Hashtable.put(Hashtable.java:380)<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
at org.apache.avalon.framework.context.DefaultContext.put(DefaultContext.java:107)</DIV></div><br
clear=all><hr>Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: <a href='http://g.msn.com/1HM305301/44'>Click