cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Hiloliddin Karimov <HKari...@central.nbu.com>
Subject DatabaseSelectAction, get results
Date Wed, 15 May 2002 16:05:48 GMT
Hi,

I try use DatabaseSelectAction for selection. I have searched in the
archive, but I haven't found solution, please help.
1. SELECT
If I use key in form:
  <keys>
    <key param="username" dbcol="username" type="string" mode="manual"/>
  </keys>
  <values>
    <value param="balance" dbcol="balance" type="double"/>
    <value param="status" dbcol="status" type="string"/>
  </values>
SQL is: SELECT username, balance, status FROM users WHERE username = ?
If I want select all, I try:
  <values>
    <value param="username" dbcol="username" type="string"/>
    <value param="balance" dbcol="balance" type="double"/>
    <value param="status" dbcol="status" type="string"/>
  </values>
then SQL is: SELECT username, balance, status FROM users WHERE
and error: unexpected end of SQL command.
why DatabaseSelectAction still use WHERE?

2. How can I get results?
I see in the "Request logicsheet elements" I can get some more results by
use:
<xsp-request:get-parameter-values name="username"/> isn't it?
is there, to read results by row such as: <esql:results>  <esql:row-results>
?

Thanks a lot,
Hill

Cocoon 2.1; Tomcat 4.0; JDK SDK 1.3.1; OS WinNT 4.0;