cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Faulkner, Perry" <Perry.Faulk...@det.nsw.edu.au>
Subject RE: Cocoon 2 + Access
Date Wed, 15 May 2002 23:39:39 GMT
Cyril,

You probably should set up a datasource, using the ODBC data manager. That's
what the logs part 'jdbc:odbc:logs' is referring to in your <dburl> tag. Use
the data source manager to create a data source, 'logs' that refers to your
access database 'C:....\JAVA\JDBC\logs.mdb'.

When you execute, check the cocoon logs, TOMCAT\webapps\cocoon\web-inf\logs
to see what problems are occuring, if any! Also enable tracing in the ODBC
data source manager to see if your queries are being passed to ODBC.

Perry

-----Original Message-----
From: cyril vidal [mailto:cyr.vidal@wanadoo.fr]
Sent: Thursday, 16 May 2002 9:20
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Cocoon 2 + Access

Hi Perry,

I've tried with // instead  of / ,it isn't better...
Anyway, I've configurated with esql and pool.
the cocoon.xconf looks like this:
<jdbc name="pool">

<pool-controller min="5" max="10"/>

<dburl>jdbc:odbc:logs</dburl>  (with odbc, we don't need to write the
complete url, right??)

<user></user>

<password></password>

</jdbc>

and I didn't forget to load the driver in web.xml...

My file base1.xsp is this one, as simple as possible, just to test the
connection

<xsp:page language="java"
          xmlns:xsp=" http://apache.org/xsp <http://apache.org/xsp> ">
          xmlns:esql=" http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/v2
<http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/v2> ">

<doc>
   <esql:connection>
     <esql:pool>pool</esql:pool>
   </esql:connection>
</doc>

</xsp:page>

To my great surprise, when I execute this file, I obtain:

<doc xmlns:xsp=" http://apache.org/xsp <http://apache.org/xsp> ">

<connection>

<pool>pool</pool>

</connection>

</doc>

I think, it's not normal...I should not see the connection element...  I
think I have to change the line <dburl>jdbc:odbc:logs</dburl> but I don't
know really how to do...

regards,

Cyril.