cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <ghow...@crosswalk.com>
Subject RE: build target with no samples?
Date Wed, 29 May 2002 19:55:00 GMT

> > Now you are asking a bit much.  How is Ant to know what
> components you
> > need.
>
> It already does.
> If you remove jars from the lib/optional dir it doesn't use
> those features,
> and doesn't include them in the config.

Right - I knew this much.  I've looked at adding a condition in the
"excludes" in prepare-src-main that could be controlled from a
.ant.properties file to keep stuff we don't need out.  For instance:
      <exclude name="**/poi/**" unless="poi.present"/>
	<exclude name="**/poi/**" if="poi.ignore"/>

And set poi.ignore in the .ant.properties file in user.home so that fresh
cvs checkouts which put all the jars back in again don't undo your changes.

Unfortunately, I can't find any Ant documentation which indicates whether
you can combine both conditions into one statement ( unless="poi.present AND
!poi.ignore" ) which would be more maintainable.  This could also be done if
the class-exists task would take an unless argument.  I've looked at
ClassAvailableTask and Task but can't quite figure out whether this is
already provided for or would need to be coded for explicitly.

What do you think?

The issue of unwanted examples still remains however.  I'm guessing that the
only thing needed for this would be a build target with fewer dependencies.

Geoff