cocoon-users mailing list archives

From HansR...@aol.com
Subject sitemap modifications go unnoticed
Date Mon, 20 May 2002 07:51:54 GMT
Hi!

I' am a complete newbie and trying to work thru the IBM  developer works
tutorial Introduction to Cocoon2.
My problem is that after I edit the sitemap.xmap file the modifications are
not noticed.

The original error:

-----

type fatal

message Error in sitemap configuration :
org.apache.coocon.transformation.TraxTransformer

description org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException:
Error in sitemap configuration :
org.apache.coocon.transformation.TraxTransformer

source Cocoon servlet

stack-trace

org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error in
sitemap configuration : org.apache.coocon.transformation.TraxTransformer
    at
org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.configure(D:\jakarta\jakarta-tomcat-4.0.4-b

3\work\Standalone\localhost\cocoon-exp1\cocoon-files\org/apache/cocoon/www\sit

emap_xmap.java:151)
    at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.DefaultComponentFactory.newInstance(Defa

ultComponentFactory.java:172)

------------------.
OK
obviously a typo in my sitemap:
it should read org.apache.cocoon.transformation.TraxTransformation
I have changed that but I always get the same error again. Even after I
stoped and restarted Tomcat. Even nonsense changes at the start of the file
do show off.
I looks to me that the sitemap was used to create some Java class but it
never gets recompiled again (just a guess).

In cocoon.xconf I have the entry:
<sitemap check-reload="yes" file="sitemap.xmap" logger="sitemap"
reload-method="synchron"/>

I use Windows 2000, Tomcat 4.04b3, JDK 1.3.1_03 and Cocoon 2.0.2

Many thanks,

Hans