cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Sreenivasan N." <sreenivasa...@ap.sony.com>
Subject Re: Modular Database Actions - Multiple Inserts
Date Mon, 06 May 2002 06:58:59 GMT
Hello Malte

How are you and things. I saw your posting in Cocoon-user group and got an
impression that you are developing a Intranet on Projects. I am also into
same development and struckup in the initial stage. Can you help me in this
regards.

My requirement is
1. Converting Request from a form to xml
2. Merging the same with another xml which was generated taking data from
database.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Sreenivasan.

At 08:44 AM 5/6/02 +0200, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I have some problems with the modular database actions. I am trying to
>insert multiple rows from a form with several text boxes named
>ProjectParam1, ProjctParam2, ... The insert itself is runs, but all I get
>in this columns is a NULL value.  I already tried to solve this with a
>wildcard [*] but maybe I messed up something with the syntax. Any comments?
>
>Thanks for your time
>
>   Malte
>

>Heres is the mapping I defined for the database action:
>
>=========================== SNIP ==================================

>                 <keys>
>                         <key name="ProjectParamsId" autoincrement="true"
> type="int">
>                                 <mode name="auto" type="autoincr"/>
>                         </key>
>                 </keys>
>
>                 <values>
>                 <value name="ProjectId"  type="int"
> set="master">
>
>                         <mode name="attribute"
> parameter="org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.output.OutputModule:projects.projectid[0]"

> type="attrib"/>
>                 </value>
>
>                 <value
> name="ParamName"  type="int">
 >
>                         <mode name="request" parameter="ParamName[*]"
> type="all"/>
>                 </value>
>
>                 <value
> name="UnitName"  type="int">
 >
>                         <mode name="request" parameter="UnitName[*]"
> type="all"/>
>                 </value>
>                 </values>

>=========================== SNIP ==================================
>
>And these are the request parameters
>
>============================ SNIP =================================
>
><attributes>
><xsp-request:attribute-names>
><xsp-request:name>org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.output.OutputModule:userprojects.UserId[0]</xsp-request:name>
><xsp-request:name>org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.output.OutputModule:projectparams.ProjectParamsId[0]</xsp-request:name>
><xsp-request:name>org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.output.OutputModule:projectparams.ProjectId[0]</xsp-request:name>
><xsp-request:name>org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.output.OutputModule:projects.projectid[0]</xsp-request:name>
><xsp-request:name>org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.output.OutputModule:projects.userid[0]</xsp-request:name>
><xsp-request:name>org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.output.OutputModule:projects.ProjectName[0]</xsp-request:name>
><xsp-request:name>org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.output.OutputModule:userprojects.ProjectId[0]</xsp-request:name>
><xsp-request:name>org.apache.cocoon.action.modular.DatabaseAction.outputModeName</xsp-request:name>
></xsp-request:attribute-names>
>
></attributes>
>
><parameters>
><xsp-request:parameter-names>
> [...]

"Attitudes are much more important than aptitudes."
"Nothing is impossible for a willing heart"

Sreenivasan N.
Sony SARD
Ext 232

Email. sreenivasan.n@ap.sony.com