cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "von Schwerdtner, Thomas (GXS, FPI)" <Thomas.vonSchwerdt...@gxs.ge.com>
Subject [esql] Nesting after INSERT (result or no-result)?
Date Sat, 04 May 2002 22:50:30 GMT
I'm doing something wrong here but I cannot find answers in the mailing list
or in the docs.  I simply want to run a SELECT after an INSERT has
completed, but neither <esql:resutls> or <esql:no-results> seem to get
triggered.

Referencing the following, the INSERT statement suceeds just fine, but I get
nothing from either "results" or "no-results".

I'd be thrilled with a RTFM response so long as it is accompanied by some
type of pointing gesture indicating the direction in which I should clumsily
wander.

TIA,
-Tom

(cocoon 2.0.2 and postgresql 7.2 on jdk 1.3)

<xsp:page language="java"
	xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp"
	xmlns:xsp-request="http://apache.org/xsp/request/2.0"
	xmlns:esql="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/v2">

	<page>
		<title>Vendor Database</title>
		<content>
			<esql:connection>
				<esql:pool>gesupply</esql:pool>

				<esql:execute-query>
					<esql:query>
						INSERT INTO
							region (region_name,
region_no)
						VALUES

('<xsp-request:get-parameter name="region"/>',

<xsp-request:get-parameter name="region_no"/>)
					</esql:query>
					<esql:results>
						<esql:row-results>

Results found for insert query