cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: param element
Date Tue, 07 May 2002 19:36:34 GMT
Cenk Uysal wrote:
> I can understand you but my question was how to run an XPath
> expression in a XSL file for parsing the <xsl:param> element? More
> specifically my problem is:
>
> I get a parameter from Sitemap with <xsl:param> element like "x,y,z"
>
> But I have to use this parameter as seperate parameters like x and y
> and z in my XSL file. For example I will use "x" parameter here:
>
> <xsl:value-of select="/personnel/title[@lang="x"]">
>
> Is it possible? If yes, how?

There are sevaral possibilities. The hard way is to implement
a recursive named template. You can use a processor specific
extension function, try EXSLT or FXSL.
Search the XSL list archive or the XSL FAQ mentioned here,
where this question is asked and answered several times a
week:
  http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list/

J.Pietschmann