cocoon-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From KOZLOV Roman <r-koz...@opencascade.com>
Subject Re: Problem with SQLTransformer and Encoding
Date Tue, 07 May 2002 15:37:06 GMT
Hi Frank,

Did you check the result you get before transformation by sql.xsl? Perhaps it is
necessary to use attribute disable-output-escaping="yes" in its elements.

Roman

Frank Ridderbusch wrote:

> Hi Cocooners,
>
> I'm having a problem with the encoding of a sql query from the SQLTransformer.
>
> Configuration is:
>
>   Cocoon 2.0.3-dev from CVS
>   IBM JDK 1.3
>   Tomcat 3.3
>   Oracle 8.1.7
>
> Instead of getting the wanted germans umlauts, I'm apparently getting UTF
> encoded characters (instead of Э or &Uumlaut; I'm seeing &Atilde;&frac14;).
>
> I've looked at source code and see, that the encoding is set to 'ISO-8859-1'
> in the constructor of the SQLTransformer:
>
>   ...
>   this.format.put(OutputKeys.ENCODING, "ISO-8859-1");
>   ...
>
> I've configured the HTML serializer in the sitemap to use ISO-8859-1 like
> this:
>
>       <map:serializer name="html" mime-type="text/html"
>                       logger="sitemap.serializer.html"
>                       src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.HTMLSerializer">
>         <encoding>ISO-8859-1</encoding>
>       </map:serializer>
>
> My pipeline looks like this:
>
>       <map:match pattern="sql/who-is-who/*">
>         <map:aggregate element="page">
>           <map:part src="{0}.xml"/>
>           <map:part element="sidebar" src="sidebar.xml"/>
>         </map:aggregate>
>         <map:act type="request">
>           <map:parameter name="parameters" value="true"/>
>           <map:parameter name="default.department" value="FSC EP SQ XS%"/>
>           <map:transform type="sql">
>             <map:parameter name="use-connection" value="projects"/>
>             <map:parameter name="department" value="{department}"/>
>           </map:transform>
>           <map:transform src="stylesheets/sql.xsl"/>
>         </map:act>
>         <map:serialize type="html"/>
>       </map:match>
>
> The XML file, which contains the query looks like this:
>
>   <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
>   <sql xmlns:sql="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/2.0">
>     <execute-query xmlns="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/2.0">
>       <query>
>         select * from mgmt_users
>          where department like '<substitute-value sql:name="department"/>'
>                and (auth like '%chef%' or job_desc like 'Sek%')
>          order by department, surname
>       </query>
>     </execute-query>
>   </sql>
>
> This basically works all just nicely except for the encoding. I've searched
> the archives and found a similar problem described for the LDAPTransformer.
>
> I think, I checked all the available documentation, but either I didn't find
> the relevant section to give me a hints or there is indeed a problem.
>
> Any opinions? Thanks.
> --
> Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Regards
>
> Frank Ridderbusch
>
> Fujitsu Siemens Computers, EP SQ XS1
> Heinz Nixdorf Ring, 33106 Paderborn, Germany
> Email: frank.ridderbusch@fujitsu-siemens.com
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> Please check that your question has not already been answered in the
> FAQ before posting. <http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faqs.html>
>
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: <cocoon-users-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org>
> For additional commands, e-mail: <cocoon-users-help@xml.apache.org>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
Please check that your question has not already been answered in the
FAQ before posting. <http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faqs.html>

To unsubscribe, e-mail: <cocoon-users-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org>
For additional commands, e-mail: <cocoon-users-help@xml.apache.org>


Mime
View raw message