cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Naquin, Beth" <Beth.Naq...@morpho.com>
Subject Cocoon2 Logs & Debug Statements
Date Fri, 17 May 2002 15:43:29 GMT
I am new to cocoon and would appreciate if someone could tell me more about
debugging statements and the log files.

I have the following code in an xsp file:
<xsp:page
	language="java"
	xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp"
	xmlns:log="http://apache.org/xsp/log/2.0"

<document>

  <log:logger name="core.otda-home"/>
       <log:debug>Processing the beginning of the OTDA page</log:debug>

  <header>
	<title>OTDA Civil V2</title>
  </header>

The page displays correctly, but I cannot find the debug statement being
printed to any logs anywhere.  The only logs I can find are
cocoon\web-inf\logs\core.log, access.log, error.log, and sitemap.log and
none of these contain the debug statement above.

Where is this statement supposed to print?  Is there another way to write
debug statements?

I am using Cocoon 2.0.2 with Tomcat 4.0.1

Thanks,

Beth Naquin