cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Adrian Petru Dimulescu <adrian.dimule...@free.fr>
Subject Re: slow xalan transformation
Date Fri, 31 May 2002 18:38:17 GMT
> I installed today a cvs cocoon on a Tomcat 4.0.3 / jdk 1.3.1_01 and it
> works fine if it weren't for the slow xslt transformation.

A bit late as self-response but here it goes: extracting sub-trees with XSLT
is not really a sign of genius as long as tools as Xindice exist.

so a native xml database solves the problem -- two second-average time per
chapter extraction --- i'll play some more with indexes maybe it can get even
better.

and as if it weren't enough, XIndice is just perfectly integrated into
Cocoon...