cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Adrian Petru Dimulescu <adrian.dimule...@free.fr>
Subject Re: slow xalan transformation
Date Sun, 19 May 2002 21:08:33 GMT
Hello,

I imagine a search engine which would propose several relevant paragraphs in
several books of a small digital libraries. The user woud click on the first
result and cocoon serves the 2nd paragraph of the 3rd chapter of Genesis of
the Old Testament of the Bible
(in other words: http://url/bible?select=1/1/3/2 )

It would be then nice to be able serve a subtree of my choice.

I would also like the user to be able to browse a tree-like structure of this
small digital library. The user opens the "Bible" node and then the Genesis
node and then its first subchapter. Then he closes everything up and opens
the, say, Shakespeare node, and then Macbeth and then its acts.

The idea, I guess, is to build an arborescent structure of books.

*
I am no expert in XSLT processing but somehow I took for granted that
isolating a *small* subtree of a *big* XML should not mean actually scanning
the whole big file.

I suspect however that Xalan validates the XML before doing the transformation
which is slow because then the *entire* file has to be actually scanned. In
that sense, I wonder if it is possible to disable validating.

Best regards,
Adrian.