cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ben Skelton <bskel...@gip.com>
Subject Transformer writing
Date Fri, 10 May 2002 16:55:24 GMT
Hallo,

I am trying to get my head around the cocoon internals. In particular I have
an old library which takes XML in an InputStream, performs some (significant)
processing and produces XML making it available in an OutputStream (a
Document is also available).

Is it possible to insert this processing into a cocoon pipe? I have had a look
at the source code for Transformers, in particular CIncludeTransformer which
I see as the closest example.

I could write a Transformer to parse the input into the Transformer, on the
appropriate endElement, the object could go away and do something, but I
can't see how to insert the results back into the pipe.

Does any one have a simple example of this, or an easy explanation they would
share? Are there any resources for extending cocoon available? - I see on
Amazon that there'll be a couple of books published soon.

Many thanks
--Ben