cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Kuehne <akue...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: A SOAP Transformer?
Date Mon, 06 May 2002 07:38:00 GMT

Dear Steven,

>   Does it make sense that a "SOAP Transformer"
>   could be added to the Cocoon arsenal?
>
>   An incoming XML doc would contain the URL of
>   the web service to be accessed, perhaps
>   also necessary authentication information,
>   and the SOAP body.  The SOAP Transformer
>   would simply send the message, and insert
>   the response into the document stream.

that's an absolutely necessary component ! I always think that Cocoon could be more than just
stupid html-izer. With such components like a SOAP Transformer it could raise to an elegant
/ open
sourced integration platform !

BTW: Is anyone intersted in an EDIFACT Transformer ?

Greetings

andreas k.

http://health.yahoo.com