cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Graeme Rocher <graemeroc...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Cocoon SOAP HTTP hang bug on port 80
Date Fri, 03 May 2002 10:40:09 GMT
Hi all,

I'm having a strange problem with cocoon, my
configuration is Cocoon2.02, jdk1.4.0, Tomcat 4.03 and
Apache/1.3.23. Basically I've got an aggregate with
the one part being a local resource and the other
being a soap call to a separate servlet and the
request param action like so:

   <map:act type="ParamRequest">
    <map:aggregate element="pages">
          <map:parameter name="parameters"
value="true"/>
          <map:part
src="cocoon:/dynamic/bc_trivia_questions" />
          <map:part
src="http://localhost/bettingcorp/soap{requestQuery}"/>
    </map:aggregate>
     </map:act>

And what happens is it gets as far as resolving the
url to http://localhost/bettingcorp/soap?myparams=blah
and then it hangs, there are no log errors, no nothing
it just hangs. Here is where it gets up to in the log:

DEBUG   (2002-05-03) 10:31.51:696
[access](/bettingcorp/getbc_trivia_questions.wml)
Thread-3/AbstractEnvironment: Resolved to
'http://grocher/bettingcorp/soap?command=DefaultPredict5Details&BoxID=93743'

If however I change the aggregate part to be on port
8080 like
src="http://localhost:8080/bettingcorp/soap{requestQuery}"
then it works fine. And if I copy the
http://localhost/bettingcorp/soap?myparams=blah url
into my browser and execute it it works fine and
returns the XML i expect.

If i use port 8080 however, it means that my SOAP call
creates a new session, and I am unable to store any
session data that i may want that comes back from the
SOAP call.

Any help would be appreciated...

Graeme Rocher
Software Developer