cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Vadim Gritsenko" <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject RE: Urgent: Error Installing Cocoon latest war using in Weblogic 6.1 sp2
Date Thu, 09 May 2002 12:59:45 GMT
> From: Chitharanjan Das [mailto:cdas@accordiasys.com]
>
> Thanks a lot Vadim...
>
> I did as U mentioned.
> Removed all the '.' in the jar files and replaced with -.
>
> Deleted the the tmp directories and logs and restarted weblogic 61
>
> Voila, Cocoon page is displayed however, when any one of the links are
> accessed, I get only a blank page.
> There is no error reported in  core.log or the error.log.
> But sitemap.log has this error

> WARN    (2002-05-08) 17:38.39:609   [sitemap](/cocoon/) ExecuteThread:
> '14' for queue: 'default'/ExcaliburComponentManager: ComponentManager
> exception from parent CM during lookup.
> org.apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentException: Could not
find
> component
> 	at

org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ExcaliburComponentManager.lookup(E
> xcaliburComponentManager.java:340)
> 	at

org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.SitemapLanguage.getVi
> ewsForStatement(SitemapLanguage.java:252)
> 	at

org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.AggregateNodeBuilder.
> buildNode(AggregateNodeBuilder.java:89)

> What is happening?, any clues.

Dunno, I was running with 2.0.3 series which has compiled sitemap
engine.

> I need to demonstrate for my bosses that
> Cocoon is supported in industry strength appservers and with
relatively
> less modification .

Get yourself weblogic 6.1 sp1, and cocoon 2.0.3, it is easy to install
there (no manifest and dot bugs).

> Currently, we have cocoon running only on TomCat.

Demonstrate on WebSphere 4.0.1

Vadim

> Thanks and Regds,
> Chiths
>

> The error indicates that some Excalibur components were

However

> Please don't do this. See above.
>
> Vadim
>

> > got the error
> > java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log/format/Formatter
> > 	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
> > 	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:486)
> > 	at

java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:111)