cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Vadim Gritsenko" <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject RE: Urgent: Error Installing Cocoon latest war using in Weblogic 6.1 sp2
Date Wed, 08 May 2002 20:41:57 GMT
WebLogic 6.1 sp1 has fewer bugs in it.

> java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range:
-1
> 	at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1525)

Remove META-INF/manifest.mf from all jar files in the webapp.

Vadim

--
Resistance is futile.

config\mydomain\applications\
> directory
> 	Renamed the webApp directory as cocoon. i.e. After rename
> config\mydomain\applications\cocoon
>
> 2. copied xerces-xxx.jar and xmlapis.jar to weblogic/lib directory
> 3. Modified startweblogic.cmd and added the above 2 jar files into the
> classpath
> 4. Added the following snippet in config.xml
> <Application Deployed="true" Name="Cocoon"
>     Path="./config/mydomain/applications">
>   <WebAppComponent Name="cocoon"
>                    Targets="myserver"
>                    URI="cocoon"/>
> </Application>
>

> 5. restarted weblogic
>
> During startup I get an exception, the log file states the following
>

> java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range:
-1
> 	at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1525)
> 	at

weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppHelper.resolveManifestName(WebAppHelper.
> java:469)
> 	at

weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppHelper.extractClassFiles(WebAppHelper.ja
> va:234)
> 	at

weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.extractClassFiles(WebAppS
> ervletContext.java:3407)
> 	at

weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.setDocroot(WebAppServletC
> ontext.java:3376)
> 	at

weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.init(WebAppServletContext
> .java:862)
> 	at

weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.<init>(WebAppServletConte
> xt.java:815)
> 	at
> weblogic.servlet.internal.HttpServer.loadWebApp(HttpServer.java:428)
> 	at weblogic.j2ee.WebAppComponent.deploy(WebAppComponent.java:74)
> 	at weblogic.j2ee.Application.addComponent(Application.java:163)
> 	at weblogic.j2ee.J2EEService.addDeployment(J2EEService.java:117)
> 	at

weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.DeploymentTarget.addDeployment(Deploym
> entTarget.java:329)
> 	at

weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.DeploymentTarget.addDeployment(Deploym
> entTarget.java:144)
> 	at

weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.WebServer.addWebDeployment(WebServer.j
> ava:76)
> 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
> 	at

weblogic.management.internal.DynamicMBeanImpl.invokeLocally(DynamicMBean
> Impl.java:636)
> 	at

weblogic.management.internal.DynamicMBeanImpl.invoke(DynamicMBeanImpl.ja
> va:621)
> 	at

weblogic.management.internal.ConfigurationMBeanImpl.invoke(Configuration
> MBeanImpl.java:359)
> 	at

com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1555)
> 	at

com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1523)
> 	at
> weblogic.management.internal.MBeanProxy.invoke(MBeanProxy.java:468)
> 	at
> weblogic.management.internal.MBeanProxy.invoke(MBeanProxy.java:209)
> 	at $Proxy29.addWebDeployment(Unknown Source)
> 	at

weblogic.management.configuration.WebServerMBean_CachingStub.addWebDeplo
> yment(WebServerMBean_CachingStub.java:1121)
> 	at

weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.DeploymentTarget.addDeployment(Deploym
> entTarget.java:315)
> 	at

weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.DeploymentTarget.addDeployments(Deploy
> mentTarget.java:279)
> 	at

weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.DeploymentTarget.updateServerDeploymen
> ts(DeploymentTarget.java:233)
> 	at

weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.DeploymentTarget.updateDeployments(Dep
> loymentTarget.java:193)
> 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
> 	at

weblogic.management.internal.DynamicMBeanImpl.invokeLocally(DynamicMBean
> Impl.java:636)
> 	at

weblogic.management.internal.DynamicMBeanImpl.invoke(DynamicMBeanImpl.ja
> va:621)
> 	at

weblogic.management.internal.ConfigurationMBeanImpl.invoke(Configuration
> MBeanImpl.java:359)
> 	at

com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1555)
> 	at

com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1523)
> 	at
> weblogic.management.internal.MBeanProxy.invoke(MBeanProxy.java:468)
> 	at
> weblogic.management.internal.MBeanProxy.invoke(MBeanProxy.java:209)
> 	at $Proxy28.updateDeployments(Unknown Source)
> 	at

weblogic.management.configuration.ServerMBean_CachingStub.updateDeployme
> nts(ServerMBean_CachingStub.java:2761)
> 	at

weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.ApplicationManager.startConfigManager(
> ApplicationManager.java:370)
> 	at

weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.ApplicationManager.start(ApplicationMa
> nager.java:160)
> 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
> 	at

weblogic.management.internal.DynamicMBeanImpl.invokeLocally(DynamicMBean
> Impl.java:636)
> 	at

weblogic.management.internal.DynamicMBeanImpl.invoke(DynamicMBeanImpl.ja
> va:621)
> 	at

weblogic.management.internal.ConfigurationMBeanImpl.invoke(Configuration
> MBeanImpl.java:359)
> 	at

com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1555)
> 	at

com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1523)
> 	at
> weblogic.management.internal.MBeanProxy.invoke(MBeanProxy.java:468)
> 	at
> weblogic.management.internal.MBeanProxy.invoke(MBeanProxy.java:209)
> 	at $Proxy36.start(Unknown Source)
> 	at

weblogic.management.configuration.ApplicationManagerMBean_CachingStub.st