cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Vadim Gritsenko" <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject RE: Cocoon SOAP HTTP hang bug on port 80
Date Fri, 03 May 2002 15:02:38 GMT
> From: Graeme Rocher [mailto:graemerocher@yahoo.co.uk]
>
> >Does this one works from the browser on the same host
> >where Cocoon installed?
>
> Yes it does, it works fine if i call the servlet
> directly without going through cocoon, but fails when
> i pass i through cocoon unless i talk directly to
> tomcat on port 8080.
>
> >Why do you think that call on port 80 would not
> >create new session?
> I just assumed it wouldn't, if this is not the case
> how do you share session data?

Was this servlet deployed in the same webapp where cocoon is deployed?
If yes, you could tell servlet to use same session if you pass session
ID in the URL, like http://......;jsessionID=xxxxx

If not, they do have completely separate sessions, so have nothing to
share.

> if for example i wanted
> to store some of the details of the response xml in
> the users session how would i do that if i can't
> generate from the same session?

BTW, search archives. Somebody already shared session successfully.

> Graeme

Vadim

--
Resistance is futile.