cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Konstantin Piroumian" <kpiroum...@apache.org>
Subject Re: sitemap modifications go unnoticed
Date Mon, 20 May 2002 12:05:19 GMT
Try the interpreted sitemap processor. Look for 'treeprocessor' in
cocoon.xconf . There were some bugs with reloading in compiled version.

Konstantin

----- Original Message -----
From: HansRupp@aol.com <mailto:HansRupp@aol.com>
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org <mailto:cocoon-users@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, May 20, 2002 3:51 PM
Subject: sitemap modifications go unnoticed

Hi!

I' am a complete newbie and trying to work thru the IBM  developer works
tutorial Introduction to Cocoon2.
My problem is that after I edit the sitemap.xmap file the modifications
are not noticed.

The original error:
-----------

type fatal

message Error in sitemap configuration :
org.apache.coocon.transformation.TraxTransformer

description
org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error
in sitemap configuration :
org.apache.coocon.transformation.TraxTransformer

source Cocoon servlet

stack-trace

org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error
in sitemap configuration :
org.apache.coocon.transformation.TraxTransformer
at
org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.configure(D:\jakarta\jakarta-tomcat-4
.0.4-b3\work\Standalone\localhost\cocoon-exp1\cocoon-files\org/apache/co
coon/www\sitemap_xmap.java:151)
at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.DefaultComponentFactory.newInstanc
e(DefaultComponentFactory.java:172)
------------------------.
OK
obviously a typo in my sitemap:
it should read org.apache.cocoon.transformation.TraxTransformation
I have changed that but I always get the same error again. Even after I
stoped and restarted Tomcat. Even nonsense changes at the start of the
file do show off.
I looks to me that the sitemap was used to create some Java class but it
never gets recompiled again (just a guess).

In cocoon.xconf I have the entry:
<sitemap check-reload="yes" file="sitemap.xmap" logger="sitemap"
reload-method="synchron"/>

I use Windows 2000, Tomcat 4.04b3, JDK 1.3.1_03 and Cocoon 2.0.2

Many thanks,

Hans