cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Dave Covert" <dwcov...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: newbie build question
Date Wed, 08 May 2002 02:03:36 GMT
newbie build questionCorinna-

I also downloaded the CVS (clean) tonight and have the same problem. I am using an older Tomcat
and Windows XP.
Try this:
Go into the cocoon/WEB-INF directory. Open the cocoon.xconf file. The next to last line is
a "logger=..." that is out of place. All I did was move it above the "role=...ResourceConnector"
and delete the &gt;  :-)

Cocoon started and showed the welcome page. That is as far as I am right now.
Good luck.
Dave............

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Corinna Gries
  To: 'cocoon-users@xml.apache.org'
  Sent: Tuesday, May 07, 2002 9:16 PM
  Subject: newbie build question

  I downloaded a CVS snapshot and went through several iterations of build (build clean in
between), all are going fine telling me that they were successful. Then I remove the old cocoon
folders from tomcat (from work and webapps), copy the new war file into tomcat webapps and
start tomcat. It looks like it builds all the cocoon directories just fine in tomcat but won't
initialize the cocoon servlet. What am I missing here? What is the one and correct way to
build with the scratchpad included. It worked just fine the last time I did a cvs checkout
- must have done something different:-(

   my setup is:
  tomcat 4.0.1, jdk 1.3.1, windows 2000

  Corinna