cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Anthony Aldridge <aaldr...@csc.com>
Subject Re: The woes of Weblogic 6.0sp2 and Cocoon - found the problem at last :)
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2002 13:55:44 GMT
Removing the packages fron the jars was how I got round my WL issues - a
bit of a pain - but it did the trick.

Tony

Konstantin Piroumian <kpiroumian@apache.org> on 04/26/2002 02:49:06 PM

Please respond to cocoon-users@xml.apache.org

To:   cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
cc:
Subject:  Re: The woes of Weblogic 6.0sp2 and Cocoon - found the problem at
      last :)

Hi

> good news and bad news -

> Note that the class expects there to be a method 'getXMLReader' available
in
> the SAXParser object (javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser) - this is logical,
> because in
> the version of Xerces Cocoon was built against, this method exists.
>
> I then looked at the structure of the SAXParser class that Weblogic 6.0
SP2
> uses, and found out that there is no 'getXMLReader' method!!!
>
> So who is to blame?
>
> Well, the offender is BEA - their JAXP API is broken, because it does
> not comply with the defacto standard, the one in the Java 1.4.0 API -
> whereas
> Avalon itself is completely justified in expecting the getXMLReader
> method, because it *should* be there according to Sun's API docs.
>
> Oh well, I'll have to work out how to bypass BEA's XML crud until a new
> service pack comes out for 6.0, I guess.... pffff....

You can try to place Xerces and Xalan in weblogic6.1/lib and rename them to
something like a_xerces.jar and a_xalan.jar.

Also you can try to remove certain packages (org.apache.**) from
weblogic.jar and xmlx.jar archives.

--
Konstantin