cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Patrick Russell <pqruss...@comcast.net>
Subject Newbie Please Help
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2002 02:00:44 GMT
I am new to Cocoon and I am trying to transform a simple xml document into a
pdf format.  Although its seems like I have Cocoon properly installed (JDK
1.4, TOMCAT 4.0.3, Cocoon 2.0.1), I cannot seem to figure were to install my
files to serve my pages up correctly.  I keep on getting a resource not
found error.  I performed the following steps:

1. Created the following directories under the cocoon directory within the
TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/ directory:
   test/
        content/
		   resume.xml
		   resume.dtd
        styles/
               resume.xsl
        sitemap.xmap

2. I copied the sitemap.xmap from the samples directory, deleted the
pipelines section and then added my own as follows

   </map:pipeline>
     </map:pipelines>
        <map:match pattern="test/*.pdf">
          <map:generate src="content/pqr_resume.xml"/>
          <map:transform src="style/pqr_resume.xsl"/>
          <map:serialize type="fo2pdf"/>
        </map:match>
      </map:pipeline>
    </map:pipelines>

3. I even tried to add the map to the samples hello-world example, adjusted
the map to match the others in the example, and
   moved my files corresponding locations as the others in the example, but
I still get the same error.

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated!