cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Lars Groenhagen" <larsgroenha...@gmx.de>
Subject RE: serving WML to Opera or Openwave SDK
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2002 14:51:28 GMT
Hi Ralph,

I had the same problems with Opera 6. It always happend when I used .xml
instead of .wml filenames. When I saved the source from Opera into a .wml
file and opend it again, Opera would display the page correctly. (Saving it
as .xml would give the same errors) With Opera 5 it worked perfectly (I
actually discovered this behaviour only after switching to Opera 6). Opera
shows the same behavior for sources requested over a network. I did
something simple like this

<map:match pattern="mobile/*.*">
<map:generate src="mobile/xml/{1}.xml" />
<map:transform src="mobile/xsl/up.xsl" />
<map:serialize type="wml" />

when I request mobile/test.xml I get same error you get (just the tags'
contents). When I request mobile/test.wml Opera shows the page correctly!!
Obviously the content served is the same in both cases.

I never found a real solution for this. It seems Opera tries to determine
whether it deals with XML content and one of the criteria seems to be the
filename.

However with the Openwave SDK my pages do work fine. Maybe you got two
different kind of problems here. The one with Opera and maybe another one.

Cheers,
Lars