cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: ContextSourceFactory problem
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2002 06:40:29 GMT
Hi,

I just checked in a fix for this - could you please try if it works
now for you.

Thanks

Carsten

www.s-und-n.de                      mailto: cziegeler@s-und-n.de

-----Original Message-----
From: horu@objectleague.com [mailto:horu@objectleague.com]
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2002 1:59 AM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: ContextSourceFactory problem

Hi there,
Sorry, I am not sure if this is a bug, that's why I am posting this here:

Using the latest code from cvs (2.1 dev) I tried out all samples.
The following does not work for me:
o search  (Lucene)
o tutorial
o protected area
o poi samples

Everytime I try to execute one of these I get a stacktrace.
The interesting thing is the top of the stack looks always like:

java.lang.NullPointerException
 at
org.apache.cocoon.components.source.impl.ContextSourceFactory.getSource(Cont
extSourceFactory.java:105)
 at
org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.SourceResolverImpl.resolveURI(SourceResolve
rImpl.java:266)
 at
org.apache.cocoon.components.CocoonComponentManager.resolveURI(CocoonCompone
ntManager.java:279)
 at
org.apache.cocoon.environment.AbstractEnvironment.resolveURI(AbstractEnviron
ment.java:430)
 at
org.apache.cocoon.environment.AbstractEnvironment.resolveURI(AbstractEnviron
ment.java:420)
 at
org.apache.cocoon.environment.AbstractEnvironment.resolve(AbstractEnvironmen
t.java:361)

Further analysis revealed Cocoon was not able to resolve:

(in the case of search:) 'context://stylesheets/dynamic-page2html.xsl' in
context 'file:/C:/eclipseworkspace/test/webapp/search/'
(in the case of protected area sample:)
'context://protected/descriptors/params.xml' in context
'file:/C:/eclipseworkspace/test/webapp/protected/'
(in the case of poi samples:)
'context://stylesheets/simple-samples2html.xsl' in context
'file:/C:/eclipseworkspace/test/webapp/samples/poi/'

when invoking the tutorial I get
java.io.FileNotFoundException:
C:\eclipseworkspace\test\webapp\common\style\xsl\html\error2html.xsl (The
system cannot find the path specified)
which should be found in
C:\eclipseworkspace\test\webapp\SAMPLES\common\style\xsl\html\error2html.xsl

I am always crashing in ContextSourceFactory.getSource(String, Map)
When executing the following:
    envContext =
(Context)this.context.get(Constants.CONTEXT_ENVIRONMENT_CONTEXT);
context is always null.

Looks to me the "context://" defined components are not getting resolved
correctly.
I wonder what's going on here.
Everything else including JDBC runs fine.

thanks,
Horst (XP, JDK1.4, Tomcat 4.0.4-b2, C2.1-dev)

PS: Complete stacktraces are available on request.