cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Piroumian Konstantin <KPiroum...@protek.com>
Subject RE: i18n with POST requests
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2002 08:10:46 GMT
> From: Alexander Smirnoff [mailto:asmirnoff@vistar.ca]
>
> Hi guys,
>
> I've got into problem with internationalization with input
> forms. I'm using
> 'UTF-8' encoding. When displaying data back from the database (Oracle)
> it is not in the same encoding. This must be very stupid and annoying
> question, but I have not found worthy answer in archives... Sorry.
>
> What are the common practices with Cocoon?

Practices are the same as in any other servlet-based application, nothing
different.

First of all find out where the problem happens:
	- check your request params: do you parse them correctly?
	- check if they are written to the database in the needed encoding
	- check that you get them back in the needed encoding
	- check that you set the serializer's encoding

Regards,
	Konstantin