cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Piroumian Konstantin <KPiroum...@protek.com>
Subject RE: Unable to locate resource: messages (C2)
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2002 09:22:49 GMT
> From: Volker Schneider [mailto:volker.schneider@danet.de]
>
> Hi colleagues,
>
> I need the i18n transformer and tried a simple sample:
>
> first.xml:
>
> <route xmlns:i18n="http://apache.org/cocoon/i18n/2.0">
> <start>
> <i18n:translate>
> 	<i18n:text>Startpunkt</i18n:text>
> </i18n:translate>
> </start>

It's enough to use <i18n:text>Startpunkt</i18n:text>. <i18n:translate >
is
used when you need param substitution.

> <ziel>Endpunkt:</ziel>
> <abschnitte>
> </abschnitte>
> </route>
>
> dictionary.xml:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
> <translations>
>   <entry>
>     <key>Startpunkt</key>
>     <translation lang="en">Starting point</translation>
>     <translation lang="de">Startpunkt</translation>
>   </entry>
> </translations>

Dictionary syntax had changed a lot of time ago, but for unknown reason
userdocs got lost their updates about the new format.

See i18n samples to get the idea. Next week I'll update docs and hopefully
will provide a DTD or XSD for i18n markup.

> sitemap.xmap:
>
> <map:match pattern="test">
>     <map:generate src="prototyp/first.xml"/>
>     <map:transform type="i18n" src="prototyp/dictionary.xml"/>
>     <map:serialize type="xml"/>
> </map:match>
>
> When running the example I got the message:
>
> The org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap notifies that
> org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException says:
>
> Unable to locate resource: messages
>
> Does anybody know what this means and what could be wrong. I
> took the syntax from the userdoc. How does i18n know which
> language I want to have?

Language is choosen using LocaleAction's getLocaleAttribute() method. See
LocaleAction javadocs to see how it's performed. As soon as I've had a
little free time I'll add also a sitemap parameter support for i18n
transformer. In that case you would be able to select the locale in any way
you like, e.g. from the URL like this '/host/en_US/page.xml'.

> Please help me.

The best help you'll get from the samples, see i18n/ directory in cocoon
webapp.

Regards,
  Konstantin Piroumian