cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Chris Warr <Chr...@esd.nec.com.au>
Subject RE: Esql row-results
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2002 02:02:19 GMT
does 'select top 1 ....' do what you want.  It just returns one row of the
query results.  Not sure if all dbs support it though.  Very handy though.

Chris.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sharat Koya [mailto:sxk99c@Cs.Nott.AC.UK]
Sent: Friday, 12 April 2002 11:54
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: Esql row-results

Hi, I have searched through the archives over the past hour and haven't
found anything for this problem.

What I want to do is execute a esql query that returns the results from a
table but only selects the first row. eg..
normal esql namespace excluded...

<query>select * from action where due &lt; current_timestamp</query>
<results>
 <row-results>
  <action><get-string column="action"/></action>
 </row-results>
</results>
what i want to be able to do is return only one action and ideally the first
one it comes across. Once it does i can then set about processing the action
and then delete from the database.

any ideas?

thanks for any time put in

Sharat Koya