cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jeremy Crosbie <jer...@go2.com>
Subject RE: Cocoon and Nokia Toolkit
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2002 02:59:16 GMT

the contracts defined in Cocoon: separation of presentation from content
from site management.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sergei Severin [mailto:sseverin@brandsoft.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2002 2:54 PM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: Cocoon and Nokia Toolkit

Hello,
My question is on configuring Cocoon to work with Nokia WAP Toolkit. I am
trying to build and return a page based on the type of the device that sends
a request. According to the documentation that I found on Cocoon site, this
functionality has been tested with Nokia WAP Toolkit so I decided to give it
a try.

In my sitemap configuration I have the following entry in the pipeline:

<map:match pattern="*">
  <map:generate type="serverpages" src="pages/{1}.xml"/>
  <map:transform src="pages/common.xsl"/>
  <map:serialize />
</map:match>

I have also created a new XSL file, common2wap.xsl, that formats the content
accroding to WAP spec. What do I need to do in order to force Cocoon to use
common2wap.xsl instead of common.xsl whenever I hit the page from Nokia
simulator? So far, the only site that I found to provide the answer to this
is O'Reilly OnJava.com
(http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/excerpt/java_xml_ch9/?page=5
<http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/excerpt/java_xml_ch9/?page=5> )  Example
9-4 on this page suggests that I need to put

<?xml-stylesheet href="pages\common2wap.xsl" type="text/xsl"
media="explorer"?>

in my XML file in order to use the stylesheet appropriate for WAP. I've
tried that but it did not work. The output is still built according to
common.xsl. Is there a better way of doing this or am I missing something
here?

Thank you,
Sergei Severin