cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Mathews, Silvy (HQP)" <Silvy.Math...@rhi.com>
Subject RE: sendmail
Date Tue, 23 Apr 2002 18:31:52 GMT
Hi Everybody,

Could anybody send me the updated files for sending the mail from cocoon. I
am not able to get it from the cvs since my proxy settings do not allow http
tunnelling. If you have the complete example, that would be wonderful ( from
sending an email using cocoon). I am doing a Proof Of Concept for this.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,

Silvy

-----Original Message-----
From: Christian Haul [mailto:haul@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de]
Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2002 2:49 AM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: sendmail

On 23.Apr.2002 -- 08:30 AM, Derek Hohls wrote:
> Any idea why SendMailTransformer is NOT in the binary??
> Are there problems with it, or is it just the lack of documentation??

I reckon it's because you need javamail and jaf for it which is not
part of j2se (at least for 1.3.1). (Well, this goes for sendmail.xsl
-- but I reckon it holds for the SendMailTransformer as well).

Anyway, to use sendmail.xsl you need to include the logicsheet in your
cocoon.xconf, have the aforementioned packages from Sun and

  <xsp:page language="java"
	xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp"
	xmlns:xsp-request="http://apache.org/xsp/request/2.0"
	xmlns:sendmail="http://apache.org/cocoon/sendmail/1.0"

	<page>

	<xsp:logic>
	  String text =
"Hi,\n"+
"this mail has been send through a web form ...\n";
	</xsp:logic>

	<sendmail:send-mail>
	  <sendmail:from>your@mail.address</sendmail:from>
	  <sendmail:to>some@other.address</sendmail:to>
	  <sendmail:subject>subject</sendmail:subject>
	  <sendmail:smtphost>mail.your.domain</sendmail:smtphost>
	  <sendmail:body><xsp:expr>text</xsp:expr></sendmail:body>
	</sendmail:send-mail>

Unfortunately, some had problems using sendmail.xsl -- me too :-|
There has been a patch posted on this list a couple of days ago. I
have modified it a bit and will commit it right now. So, check out CVS
in a couple of minutes.

	Chris.

--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l