cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "caleb racey" <Caleb.Ra...@newcastle.ac.uk>
Subject pdf transformation and xml file sizes
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2002 09:15:08 GMT

What factors limit the size of xml file you can transform to pdf?

I'm testing out one of my pipelines that generates simple pdf from an
xml file. When using a small (2kb) xml file it all works fine but as I
begin to paste more (valid) xml into the file it stops working (at about
23k).  The pdf plugin in Internet explorer 6.0 says "the file doesn't
start with %pdf" and cocoon throws the error

FATAL_E (2002-04-16)
09:47.15:055[core.xslt-processor](/cocoon/demo/short.pdf)
HttpProcessor[8080][4]/TraxErrorHandler: Error in TraxTransform
er: javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: java.io.IOException:
Connection reset by peer
javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: java.io.IOException:
Connection reset by peer
        at
org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemLiteralResult.execute(ElemLiteralResult.j
ava:725)
        at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.executeChildTemplates(Trans
formerImpl.java:2243)
        at
org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemLiteralResult.execute(ElemLiteralResult.j
ava:
710)

see attached file for full error log.

My server environment = Redhat linux 7.2, cocoon 2.0.2, jdk 1.3.1_02.

The xml and the xsl transformations are alright as they work on smaller
files.

Anyone know what is going on? Is this the IE acrobat problem that I have
seen mentioned briefly on the lists.

Cheers Cal