cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Steven Sedlmeyer <ssedlme...@staff.crosswalk.com>
Subject pipeline local serializer attributes
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2002 21:09:21 GMT
I was under the (apparently mistaken) impression that I could set attributes
such as <indent> on a serializer both in the <map:serializer/> node which
makes the setting global to the system or in the <map:serialize/> node
inside a pipeline making the setting apply only to the pipeline.  For
example:

1.

<map:serializers>
<map:serializer name="foo" ....>
	<indent>no</indent>
</map:serializer>
</map:serializers>

sets indent to no for all pipelines using the "foo" serializer

while:

2.

<map:serializers>
<map:serializer name="foo" ..../>
</map:serializers>

<map:pipelines>
<map:pipeline>
<map:match pattern="testfoo">
	<map:generate src="xsp/test1.xsp" type="serverpages"/>
      	<map:serialize type="foo">
		<indent>no</indent>
      	</map:serialize>
</map:match>
</map:pipeline>
</map:pipelines>

sets indent to "no" for when the pipeline matches on "testfoo" but not for
any other match that uses the "foo" serializer.

Am I mistaken or is this how things are supposed to operate?  If it isn't
how they're supposed to operate then is there an accepted method to
accomplish this that doesn't involve defining a "foo2" serializer with
<indent/> set to on?

Thanks

Steve Sedlmeyer