cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Russell Castagnaro <russ...@4charity.com>
Subject Cocoon 1.82 + CLOBs + Oracle + esql
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2002 22:56:09 GMT
Aloha cocoon-users,

  I've had a hell of a time getting cocoon 1.82 and the esql taglib to
  pull XML data stored in CLOB fields from Oracle 8.1.7 (using the
  thin Oracle driver)

  I decided to fix it, and happily all I had to do was add a few things
  to the esql.xsl file under src.

  In the event anyone needs this (and in hopes that maybe the existing
  1.82 release download might be changed to include this, since Cocoon
  2 is all the craze now) I've attached the esql.xsl file to this
  email.

  If Cocoon 2 needs this support, its easy enough to put it in.

  Why do I use 1.82 instead of the newer version?  It comes down to
  simplicity.  We have existing J2EE applications (many webapps) that
  really benefit from the xml generation and transformation
  capabilities in cocoon, but C2 is an entire framework, that as far
  as I can see, is much more difficult to integrate with an existing
  application (Using jsp, servlets, ejbs and jms).

  Of course, if anyone has examples of C2 working well with a pretty
  extensive webapp, I'd LOVE to be proven wrong.

--
Mahalo,
 Russell                          mailto:russell@4charity.com

I'm hopeful. I know there is a lot of ambition in Washington,
obviously. But I hope the ambitious realize that they are more likely
to succeed with success as opposed to failure.

- George W. Bush