cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Lai, Harry" <H...@coremetrics.com>
Subject RE: Actions Programming
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2002 21:40:11 GMT
Hi Michael,

I may be wrong on this, but I believe there's a typo in the hello world
sample.  In your xsp, make sure you're looking for an ATTRIBUTE named
"hello" - not a PARAMETER.  If I remember right, the sample accidentally
does a getParameter instead of a getAttribute.  =)  Hope that helps!

Harry

-----Original Message-----
From: Christian Haul [mailto:haul@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de]
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2002 2:13 PM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Actions Programming

On 30.Apr.2002 -- 07:59 PM, Michael Mangeng wrote:
> Hi
>
> I´ve encountered a little/funny problem when trying to recreate the simple
hello world action.
> I´ve used the sample code (without the org.xml.sax.EntityResolver import
because i think i do not need it here).

> Cocoon realizes that it needs to replace {world} with 'hello' in the
stiemap as set in the siteParams hashmap in the class. But when i request
the file via a web browser, i can only see
> <quote>
> Hello .
> </quote>
> There is no typo in the class where i do a request.setAttribute("hello",
"world") to request.. which is objectModel.get(Constants.REQUEST_OBJECT);

> The strange thing here is that the class for itself is loaded successfully
(without that, cocoon would not know that it has to replace {world} with
hello in the sitemap...

> Any ideas ?

Did you declare the xsp-request namespace?

	Chris.

--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de