cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Rogier Peters" <Rog...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: Memory leaks(?)
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2002 08:32:46 GMT
Hi all, thanks for the quick reply..

> > From: Rogier Peters [mailto:Rogier@hippo.nl]
> >
> > Hi,

> > We've been running cocoon for some time now, and we really like it,
> but we
> > keep having problems with memory usage.
> > The problem is that with each page, looking at the Windows Task
> Manager,
> > memory use increases by about 25M and although in the
> processes window
> > java.exe will reduce memory now and again, system memory use stays
> high.
>
> "Memory leak" occurs when memory is allocated from the heap and never
> returned. Situation you describe is different and (except may be
> increase in 25M) normal.

OK, maybe I wasn't too clear on this;) I know this is probably too general OS and JVM to ask,
but my real question is if java.exe shows 20Mb in use, no other applications are running and
my system shows 600Mb in use and slows down to a crawl, where did all the memory go? Is the
size of java.exe the real size of the JVM?
Also, I do experience OutOfMemporyExceptions ...