cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Gregor Neu E1 <gregor....@ipp.mpg.de>
Subject problems installing cocoon2.0.2 under Tomcat4.0.3 and jdk1.4
Date Tue, 23 Apr 2002 11:43:31 GMT
Hi all,

I rebuilt cocoon under jdk1.4 and tried to install it under tomcat4.0.3
(both the full and the "light" edition)

I carefully followed the installation instructions in
"http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/installing/index.html" (except for the bit

" ...3.Remove xalan-XXX.jar, xercesImpl-XXX.jar, batik-libs-XXX.jar, and
xml-apis.jar from the cocoon.war archive"

which I still don't know how to do.

starting the full tomcat and opening "http://localhost:8080/cocoon/"
gave the following error message:

+++++++++++++++++
Cocoon 2 - Internal server error

type fatal

message SAX2 driver class org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser does not
implement XMLReader

description java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.xerces.parsers.StandardParserConfiguration

source Cocoon servlet

request-uri

/cocoon/

+++++++++++++++++++

and trying the light edition gave:

+++++++++++++++++++

type fatal

message Error compiling sitemap

description org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Error compiling
sitemap: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/w3c/dom/ranges/DocumentRange

source Cocoon servlet

request-uri

/cocoon/

path-info

stack-trace

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Error compiling sitemap:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/w3c/dom/ranges/DocumentRange
        at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.run(Handler.java:295)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

Can anybody help?