cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: Problems with XSP
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2002 15:24:28 GMT
On 26.Apr.2002 -- 03:59 PM, Torsten Curdt wrote:
> > > I have thought about this a while ago, too. We should be able to
> > extract
> > > that from the exception stacktrace.
> >
> > Line number in Java source is already shown, correctly. The question is
> > how to map this to XSP source line numbers.
>
> well, addtionally we need the full classpath of the failed class itself
> from the stacktrace. then we need to lookup the java source code filename
> from the ProgrammGenerator. unfortunately that's not yet possible AFAICS.
> but as a workaround we might translate back the class into a path and use
> the workdir of the ProgrammGenerator as root, add the path and we should
> have the generated file path from the repository...

OK, that would make it easier to see the source (if I understand
correctly, that is). But I believe the original problem is infeasible
since we don't know what transformations happened on the way to the
final XSP (all taglibs but XSP done).

One could, of course,
	first run the XSP through a transformer that adds line number
	   comments that are kept 'til the java file is generated,

	find the enclosing line number comments (well, one would suffice)

	output the XSP with the line highlighted that translates to the
		faulty java code

Would be kind of overhead outside development but then, a deployed
application wouldn't compile XSPs too often.

	Chris.

--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de