cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: Returning result from two select statements in one file
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2002 18:30:01 GMT
On 25.Apr.2002 -- 09:25 AM, Hahn Kurt (CHA) wrote:
> I'm developing a Cocoon application wich produces PDF files from a file
> which is generated by a DB access (Oracle). The problem is the query: The
> results I should get looks like this:
>
> <row>
> <field1>text</field1>
> <fieldN>text</fieldN>
> <field1FromSecondSelect>text</field1FromSecondSelect>
> <fieldNFromSecondSelect>text</fieldNFromSecondSelect>
> </row>

You are not be any chance talking about nesting another query inside
the first? If so, why don't you just try it ? ;-)

<esql:execute-query>
  <esql:row-results>

	 <esql:execute-query>
	 </esql:execute-query>

  </esql:row-results>
<esql:execute-query>

Can't remember off hand if you need <esql:connection> for your
subquery.

Access values from outer query by using attribute ancestor="1" or
however deep it's nested (e.g. <esql:get-string column="name" ancestor="1"/>)

Or try the grouping stuff (documented on user guide -> XSP -> ESQL)

	Chris.

--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de